Tuesday, March 12, 2013

CHOCOLATE FONDANT



 I'm really sorry to inform you that I can't post a video recipe this week. And I'm really happy to inform you that I decided to post something anyways.




 So today, I choose to make a very classic but "never a disappointment" recipe: Chocolate fondant! As you can guess, this is not the healthiest dessert you can have but sometimes bad is good (as long as you don't eat the entire cake on your own! And i'm not giving you a bad idea here. I said I'm not!).




This great recipe is based on Pierre Hermé's recipe. I figured Pierre (let's pretend I can call him that, just because we're both french) was the person I could count on to present you my first chocolate post. I added caramels (you will soon realize I put them anywhere I can) and some nuts. (chocolate that goes with nuts inside works as well. In that case don't add the tbsp of nuts)




iNGREDIENTS:
- serve 8 -
  • 250 gr dark chocolate ( not less then 85% cacao)
  • 250 gr butter at room temperature
  • 200 gr cane sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 70 gr all purpose flour
  • 6 caramels
  • 1 tbsp of nuts (cut in tiny pieces)


RECiPE:
  • Preheat your oven at 180°C (350°F)
  • Melt your chocolate and leave to cool.
  • In a mixer, mix butter and the sugar at medium speed during 4 minutes.
  • Add eggs, one at a time, mixing one minute between each egg.
  • Add chocolate, caramels (cut in small pieces) and the chopped nuts to the batter. Stir.
  • Add all purpose flour and stir again.
  • Put the batter in your prepared baking pan and give the top some uniformity with your spatula. (here I used a rectangle baking pan to bring some originality - I usually only use it to make tarts-. But a round classic one will make the cake a bit lighter which is not bad. It's your choice!)
  • Bake for 30 minutes, until the cake gets lightly  bigger and that the top is a bit crackled.
  • Leave to cool and take out of the baking pan.
  • ET VOiLÀ !
This cake goes perfectly with some vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment